If you are considering a career or future study in engineering then this course is for you. The core units provide essential knowledge related to any engineering career and includes working safely, interpreting and using engineering information and mathematics for engineering. Option units cover a range of topics and reflect developments in technology. A range of modern technology is used to support the delivery including the latest CNC and CAD/CAM equipment.
Students must complete the mandatory unit and two optional units to achieve this qualification.
• Health and safety in the engineering workplace
Examples of Optional Units
• Mechanical principles and applications
• Electrical and electronic principles
• Properties and applications of engineering materials
• Applications of mechanical systems in engineering
• Engineering drawing for technicians
• Mechanical measurement and inspection techniques
• Engineering secondary and finishing techniques and processes
• Fabrication processes and technology
• Selecting and using programmable controllers
• Applications of computer numerical control in engineering
• processing machines
• Computer aided manufacturing
Students will also be able to develop the skills they need to gain employment or further study in engineering. Students have the opportunity to design and produce products.
Your work will be assessed by a range of practical and written assignments.
Completion of this course allows students the opportunity to progress to:
• Level 4 qualification in engineering
• Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme
This course is delivered by:
North Notts College staff at North Notts College