To develop and support subject study our Post 16 Centre provides students with a wealth of opportunities that develop study skills, broaden academic thinking and support academic study.
Through our extensive guidance programme Post 16 students will have the opportunity to access the following:
- Talks and information from Universities such as Oxbridge, Lancaster University, Sheffield Hallam University, Nottingham Trent University
- Sutton Trust Summer School
- Apprenticeship Opportunities such Rolls Royce
- Unifrog, HeppSY, The Elephant Group, Careers Inc, Nottinghamshire Fire Service, Anthony Nolan Charity
- Study skills, CV Writing and Tips on how to Revise
Subject and Wider Reading
There are many opportunities available to our Post 16 students to extend their study by
reading and listening more widely around their subject areas, and on wider issues. We
recommend and promote materials through our subject and guidance curriculum to support
students to develop their intellectual curiosity and independent learning.
Every subject has a wider reading list which includes books, websites, journals, podcasts and experiences that support the development of both subject understanding and interest. Our Learning Resource Centre is an excellent resource and the Learning Resource Centre
Manager supports students to navigate research.
Subject Study Support
Formal lessons finish at 2.30pm to allow an extensive range of enrichment activities to take place. Information about the enrichment options available is published each term in our Enrichment Booklet. This will tell you the day/time each activity takes place, or click on the link below to access it.