Admissions to Year 12 (September 2022)
Our overarching criteria for admission to our Post 16 centre is a willingness to learn. You must have achieved 5 passes including mathematics and English, where a pass is defined as GCSE 9-4 and pass or better at level 2 BTEC. KS4 attainment 8 scores will also be used to support students in making their overall course choices including the number of post 16 courses to study. In addition to this minimum entry requirement, it is preferable for students to have achieved at least a pass in any subject they intend to study at A-level, if they have studied it at GCSE. All external applicants will be subject to appropriate references from the respective schools and all applications will be considered on an individual basis.
However, the following subject specific entry requirements will also apply:
A Level Biology | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Science, Combined Science and/or Biology
A Level Chemistry | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Science, Combined Science and/or Chemistry
A Level Computer Science | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Mathematics
A Level English Language | Grade 6 or above in GCSE English and/or English Literature
A Level English Literature | Grade 6 or above in GCSE English and/or English Literature
A Level French | Grade 6 or above in GCSE French
A Level Further Mathematics | Grade 8 or above in GCSE Mathematics
A Level Law | Grade 6 or above in GCSE English
A Level Mathematics | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Mathematics
A Level Media Studies | Grade 6 or above in GCSE English
A Level Physical Education | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Physical Education
A Level Physics | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Science, Combined Science and/or Physics
A Level Spanish | Grade 6 or above in GCSE Spanish
Timeline for admissions
- October | Year 11- Post 16 Opportunities – Post Cards Issued during assemblies at Valley and Portland. Information slides displayed during tutor period in both schools.
- 25th November | Year 11 Information Evening - You need to book a time slot (4.30pm - 6.00pm or 6.30pm - 8.00pm using the relevant google link form below.
- 26th November Application Form is live and accessed via a link below.
- 10th December - Deadline for applications/communication with Year 11 applicants confirming application form has been received and is being processed.
- January | Year 11 students contacted via letter to provide an opportunity to amend their subject choices using a google form and the opportunity to attend a 1:1 appointment to discuss options.
- February | Year 11 students issued with a letter confirming a place at the Post 16 Centre has been reserved for them, pending GCSE results.
- July Year 11 students invited to participate in transition programme at the Post 16 Centre.
- August | GCSE results issued to Year 11 students
- September | Year 11 into 12 1:1 Progression Interviews & enrolment confirmation.
The Post 16 Centre Information Evening is on Thursday 25th November. There are 2 sessions you can book on, either 4.30pm - 6.00pm or 6.30pm - 8.00pm. Please use the button at the bottom of our home page to reserve your place.
Applications to study with us in September 2022 will open on Friday 26th November
Please apply using our online application form
The application deadline is 10th December, but applications will be considered after this date.