Outwood Post 16 Centre boasts some excellent facilities that our students enjoy including a purpose built Sixth Form Centre, enabling students to get the best out of their studies and the most enjoyment from school.
Academic Study Areas
- Facilities include a dedicated and purpose-built Sixth Form Centre which includes a large open plan area where students socialise at breaks and lunchtimes.
- Subject-specific facilities include 4 science laboratories, an art studio, a music/music technology suite with practice rooms, a drama studio, a sports hall, a design and technology suite and multiple general purpose teaching rooms, the majority having ICT facilities.
- A variety of small silent-use study rooms support students’ academic excellence during the timetabled day and include ICT facilities for students to access as and when they wish. Students are welcome to access these facilities from 7.45 am and until 4 pm each day.
- The dedicated Learning Resource Centre (LRC) within the Post 16 Centre is where students can work in a silent environment, access A-level resources and utilize ICT and printing facilities. It is open from 8.00 am-5.00 pm daily.
- A student attending Outwood Post 16 Centre, is automatically a member of the school library, which is housed in the Learning Resource Centre. The library provides an important resource for students and staff alike. It aims to support the curriculum fully by providing a relevant and up to date range of resources. Books, DVDs, magazines, and journals may be borrowed for a 2 week loan period, but items may be renewed if required for longer. Outwood Post 16 Centre does not operate a fines system for overdue items but reminders will be sent via email for outstanding items.
Blended Learning Facilities
Outwood Grange Academies Trust have spent the last six years mastering Google Workspace, and the best ways to deploy this vital tool into classrooms. Worksop Post 16 has embraced the Suite and uses it as the preferred tool for delivering our online curriculum offer, resource production, online learning and social communication.
G Suite works on any PC, Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone or any other mobile device and is free of charge to use. All students have been provided with their Google login to access everything they need.
Worksop Post 16 uses Google Classroom to organise the delivery of our online provision. From their Google Classrooms students can access Google Meet in order to join their live lessons. Through Google Classrooms students will access curriculum material posted by their teachers and will be able to submit assignments and receive feedback.
G Suite provides students access to secure cloud-based storage space in the form of Google Drive removing the worry of losing important data by damaging or misplacing a memory stick. It gives access to Docs, Sheets, and Slides - powerful word-processor, spreadsheet and presentation software. These programs allow real-time collaboration, save changes automatically, and track revision history.